Tuesday 12 June 2018

My 2018 Goals



This year I decided to simplify the goals I set for myself, in an attempt to focus more on the things that matter most to me. Here are the 4 goals I set:

1. Grow my new book publishing and digital marketing business to achieve £4,000 in profit this year

  • To be achieved through a combination of activitites such as publishing, blogging, podcasting or any other income generating activities which present themselves throughout the year


2. Focus on my well being to achieve optimal health this year

  • I will know I have achieved this goal when I am happy with the diet I am following and with my fitness and relaxation levels. I am eating an organic diet and taking quality supplements. I am regularly having treatments such as chiropractor, massage, acupuncture and reiki. I am using mediation and yoga to keep me relaxed and in touch with my spirituality


3. Continue my learning

  • I will know I have achieved this goal when I have read or listened to at least 6 further books
  • I will also have participated in any courses or events that offer learning opportunities, which present themselves throughout the year
  • I will have watched TED talks, educational films, youtube and podcasts to learn new things


4. Create a philanthropic strategy for this year and implement it

  • I will know I have achieved this goal when I have decided upon my charity giving strategy for 2018 and beyond. I will have a charitable target to save toward which could be something like funding a new school or providing sanitation/toilet blocks or helping a homeless person get off the streets

At nearly halfway through the year I've been making good progress. I've been reviewing my goals everyday so that I keep them clear in my mind.

Here's a quick run-down of how I've been doing:

1. Grow my new book publishing and digital marketing business to achieve £4,000 in profit this year
  • I'm behind on this target, with £839 profit made by the end of May 2018
  • Now that I am working full-time on my publishing business I hope to see profit increase
2. Focus on my well being to achieve optimal health this year
  • I've been doing great with this:
    • Chiropractor treatments x 3
    • Acupuncture treatments x 8
    • Reiki treatments x 2
    • Eating organic food and grass fed meat
    • Taking daily supplements
    • Meditating daily
3. Continue my learning
  • I'm happy with my progress on this one
  • I've read 3 books:
    • Headstrong (by Dave Asprey)
    • Unshakeable (by Tony Robbins)
    • Conversations With God Book 1 (by Neale Donald Walsh)
  • I've attended Tony Robbins' Unleash The Power Within event for a second time, but this time volunteering as a crew member
  • I'm booked to go to the rebooted Coventry TEDx event later this month which I'm really excited for
4. Create a philanthropic strategy for this year and implement it
  • I have not done well at this goal so far. I have started doing some research into what charitable goal I might like to work towards, but I have not yet picked my goal
  • For now my pre-existing monthly charity donations continue until I make a decision on my new goal


Did you set any goals for 2018? If yes I'd love to hear about them and how you're getting on with them. The end of June will be the halfway point through the year, so it's a good time to take stock on how you're getting on and make any revisions you think you need to...

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back OR and good luck with your goals! I think I'm not on track for most of my goals but I'm ok with that - I generally put in more effort if there's a challenge.

    ReplyDelete