I'm extremely excited to be writing my very first post, on my very first blog site. It's an idea I've been toying with for some time and finally I've decided to take the plunge. I do hope that you'll forgive me for any mistakes I may make being a complete novice at this, I'm sure there'll be stumbles along the way, so I look forward to receiving feedback and tips on how I can improve - advice will always be gratefully received.
I've decided to take a three-pronged approach for my conversation topics:
1. Goals - primarily my journey to achieving Financial Independence before I'm 50
2. Organisation Tips and Tricks - shortcuts I've found to make life easier
3. Life's Simple Pleasures - in my opinion the route to happiness can often be found in appreciating the unassuming smaller things in our lives
These are 3 areas I'm really interested in delving deeper into with you. I also feel they will give me the depth of subject matter to ensure that I can provide interesting, engaging new content. I will categorise each post I write with labels so that it's easy to find just the topics you're interested in - if for example you just want to find out my organisation tips, or just follow my story for seeking financial independence.
I will be writing a minimum of one new post per week, hopefully more. Since I'm so new to this game, I'm still uncertain on how to get this site "out there" to find people who may be interested in reading, so I suspect at least for a while I may be writing more for myself than for anyone else. If you happen to stumble across me, please do say hello and let me know what you'd be interested to hear about from me. I'd also love to hear about you and your life goals, organisation tips and thoughts on life's simplest of pleasures.
I've already got quite a few ideas lined up for future posts. I'm looking forward to telling you about:
- Goals I currently have and how I go about setting these (they change and evolve over time)
- Where I am now and where I need to be to achieve Financial Independence (essentially getting to a point where I don't have to work anymore to survive)
- Monthly updates on my income, expenditure and savings/investing progress
- Introducing frugal concepts into my spending habits to cut costs
I know that this is going to be a very exciting, sometimes challenging, but nevertheless thrilling journey for me. I really do hope you join me for the ride and enjoy what I have to say!
What topics are you most interested in hearing about from me? Is there any one of my 3 subject areas of particular interest to you? Are you also starting your Financial Independence journey now?